Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Changing from Dynamic to a Static Port for an SQL Server Named Instance

  1. Open SQL Server Configuration Manager

  2. Expand SQL Server Network Configuration

  3. Open ( Double-click ) on Protocols for

  4. If not enabled, change TCP/IP status to enabled ( Right-click and select Enable ). If already enabled, open TCP/IP ( Double-click )

  5. On TCP/IP Properties go to the IP Addresses, scroll down to IPAll. Change the value for TCP Dynamic Ports to blank, and the TCP port to the Static Port that is desired ( for example 1433 )

  6. Click Apply to make changes, and OK to close the window.

  7. Restart the SQL Server Services ( on SQL Server Configuration Manager, right click on SQL Server Services and click restart )

Note: Guide above is applicable to MS SQL Server 2008. Steps may vary depending on the version of MS SQL that you have.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Some really prime blog posts on this web site, bookmarked.

Anonymous said...

I really like your blog.. very nice colors & theme.

Did you make this website yourself or did you hire someone to
do it for you? Plz answer back as I'm looking to create my own blog and would like to find out where u got
this from. kudos

Anonymous said...

Great post. I'm going through a few of these issues as well..

Anonymous said...

Hurrah, that's what I was looking for, what a data!
present here at this web site, thanks admin of this web site.

Anonymous said...

I was suggested this website by my cousin. I'm not sure whether this post is written by him as no one else know such detailed about
my problem. You're amazing! Thanks!

Anonymous said...

I truly love your blog.. Pleasant colors & theme. Did you
create this web site yourself? Please reply back
as I'm attempting to create my own personal website and want to find out where you got this from
or just what the theme iss named. Thanks!